twitter
    Follow 3 Worlds Collide!

RIP MJ


This post isn't a review, it's a tribute to the King of Pop. I would be lieing if I said that the news of his death didn't affect me. It hit me like a wall, and though I tried telling myself that this is life, and alot of people die everyday, why don't I feel sad for them ... I couldn't help but feel utter sadness for MJ's early death. His later life was full of controversy, and I don't know how much of the allegations are true, he was acquitted after all. Although I have to admit his facial transformation really creeped me out.

MJ had this child-like aura about him, almost like he is a little kid stuck in man's world. His home was called Neverland, the island in Peter Pan where children never grow up. There was always rumors of MJ being abused as a child by his father, maybe that contributed to his strange behavior as an adult. Never had someone soared so high then sunk so low.

I grew up listening to his music. Both my parents enjoyed his music, as well as my older cousins. I remember being terrified of Thriller's music video, and dancing along to Black and White. When I first watched the video to the Earth Song, I cried because it was so sad! I remember watching one of his concerts, seeing him do the moonwalk and not believing it was real. During a family trip from Muscat to Nizwa, my cousin and I sat in the back of the car discussing MJ the whole way (we were little kids lol). I recall my cousin telling me that MJ has magical powers, that's how he can dance so amazingly, and I believed it xD It made sense that magical powers is what enabled him to do the moonwalk. MJ was always there, a part of my childhood.

I spent the entire day yesterday just watching his music video and listening to his songs. He had some incredibly meaningful songs, you get the sense that he really wanted to make the world a better place.

Here are some of of my fav songs of his


















Best.Dancer.Ever

1 comments:

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

It was pretty shocking wasn't it. Stirred the whole world...even the cyber world =\

Love "Billie Jean" I think it's his best single out there!